Could cow farts, in the right quantity and environment, actually blow up a barn? We've all wondered this over the years, and the answer is ... apparently so!
Talk about blowing the roof off this place. A static charge triggered an explosion of methane gas inside of a barn in Rasdorf, Germany earlier this week.
Methane released by the cows caused the static electric charge that triggered an explosion and burst of flames that nearly took the structure's roof off.
The roof was damaged and one cow suffered light burns. No people were hurt.
Police say 90 cows are kept in the shed and it wasn't clear why quantities of methane had built up, though such a setting is prime for such an occurrence.
Bovine flatulence and belching releases large quantities of the gas.
Someone should really try to harness these emissions for some new green energy initiative. Cap-and-trade methane offsets? Think about it. It's all-natural!
Between these cows and this deer farting (below), we'd be set ...