Spiders Hatch Out of Banana in London, Force Couple to Evacuate Home

by at .  Updated at . Comments

This may be the most disgusting story in the history of... ever.

A London native named Consi Taylor recently purchased a bundle of bananas.

But when she prepared to enjoy a nice, potassium-filled snack, the 29-year old tells The Sun she thought she saw "mold" on the peel… only to realize it was something much, much worse.

"I had a closer look I saw some funny looking spots and was horrified to see they were spiders," Taylor says. "They were hatching out on the table, scurrying around on my carpet."

And these weren't just any spiders.

After sending a photo of the critters to a pet control specialist, Taylor learned they were Brazilian wandering spiders, extremely aggressive/venomous creatures certified as "the most toxic" by Guinness World Records.

As a result, Taylor, her husband Richard, and their two little kids were forced to evacuate their home until it was thoroughly fumigated.

The store from where Taylor purchased the nearly deadly items has apologized and stated it has "rigorous controls on imported products at all stages," but Taylor won't be taking chances in the future.

"I hope I didn’t eat one but I can’t be sure," she says. "I now have a phobia of buying bananas. We don’t know whether they’ve all gone."

Here's another look. You're welcome.

Banana/Spider Attack
Tags: , ,