According to the final coroner's report, released today, Cory Monteith was shooting heroin and drinking champagne on the night he died.
The official findings say responders arrived to Cory's Vancouver hotel room shortly after noon on July 13 and found there a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle."
They also discovered two empty champagne glasses and bottles.
The coroner lists Monteith's cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
Because Monteith, 31 at the time of his passing, had been off the wagon since April, the coroner notes that his tolerance for foreign substances may have been lower than in the past. He likely believed his body could handle what he was putting in it.
The report also concludes that the Glee star "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."