In what was a much anticipated return, Glee kicked off season 5 with a tribute to the Beatles! And just in case we didn't get enough of the Beatles, we'll have even more Beatles next week!
But let's not get ahead of ourselves. For the full Glee review, head over to TV Fanatic, but here's the rundown on what's been happening in the halls of McKinley since we last saw our New Directions.
- Funny Girl: Rachel didn't get the role of Fanny Bryce. Or maybe she did. After overhearing the producers talking about how she was "too green" (Rachel. Green. See what I did there?) Rachel assumed she didn't get the part and wandered the streets of NYC singing "Yesterday." While the song was about Rachel's past and her quest for fame on the bright lights of Broadway, the song felt very much about the late Cory Monteith.
- Here Kitty Kitty: Kitty and Artie are an item. And Kitty's...nice? At first she wants to keep it a secret to protect her street cred since there's a new Cheerio on the pyramid, but when Tina calls her out for being emotionally abusive, Kitty says she's ready to let the world know that she and "Arthur" are a thing. Oddest pairing ever.
- In Bowties And In Health: Get your I <3 Klaine bumper stickers ready, folks! Kurt and Blaine are back together.
- Working 9 to 5: When Rachel maybe doesn't get the part in Funny Girl, Santana gets her a job at the diner. The producers come in for a meal and the girls bust into "Hard Day's Night." Maybe that's the moxie they needed to see to give her the part.
- It's the Principal of the Thing: Sue plants incriminating evidence in Figgins' office in order to usurp his throne. She is installed as McKinley's new principal and Figgins becomes a janitor. Sue instructs Will and Coach Roz to bring home national trophies or else.
- Tina, Tina, Tina: Now that Klaine are back together, Tina's a lone wolf. Blaine tells Ryder, Jake, and Sam they have to help him help her. So the four of them dress up like the Fab Four and Tina gets her pick of the litter as her prom date. Except not Jake. Or Blaine. So Ryder or Sam. She chooses Sam.
- With A Little Help From His Friends: Blaine enlists Vocal Adrenaline, The Warblers, and the School for the Deaf, as well as the New Directions, and proposes to Kurt. He's still in high school but who really cares, right? It worked for Finchel? At least until it didn't? Kurt says yes and immediately signs up for the Running of the Brides. He'll stitch a cotoure gown into a his and his suit set in no time!
And that's what you missed on Glee.
Now it's your turn THGers! Grade the Glee season 5 premiere!