The Internet soothsayer of The Bachelorette spoilers, Reality Steve, is hearing it from Bachelor Nation this morning after his lackluster effort Monday.
Steve insisted all season long that Brooks Forester would win this year and that he and Desiree Hartsock were still together. So much for that.
Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried got engaged out of nowhere on the Season 9 finale, putting a serious dent in the supposed insider's armor.
To his credit, he owned it, Tweeting: "Wow. Uhhhh, didn't see that coming. No idea what happened. Just means ill have to get it right next season."
"Was wrong about Ali & Brad's seasons, then spoiled Ashley's, Ben's, Sean's, & Emily's & 3 Bach Pad's [before] this. It happens. I'll bounce back."
He then joked, in reference to Des' brother and his claim that Steve was incorrect: "Next season, I'm totally going to Nate Hartsock for my spoilers."
The TV blogger, who is now batting slightly over .500 for his career after this latest setback (we don't count Bachelor Pad), took his lumps like a man.
Steve even re-tweeted a bunch of surprisingly venomous comments from fans who are rather irate about his botched spoilers for some reason.
Why anyone cares so much about his predictions (or the show in general) and feels the need to angrily rub it in, we can't say. But they did so in droves.
When a follower asked Steve why he kept re-tweeting the negative posts targeted towards him, he wrote: "It'll just be for tonight. I'm enjoying the hatred."
Might as well soak it up. A few of the many anti-Steve Tweets last night:
- "Better find some new informants. Your true blue informers.... well..... sucked. Reality Steve, I once was a believer, now, NOT!"
- "Well that'll teach me to trust freaking @RealitySteve. Thanks for nothing! I thought I was so cool cause I knew who won. NOT!"
- "You're done. Once you've lost your credibility on spoilers, if you don't have a writing personality, nothing's left."
- "Way to go @RealitySteve, I guess it's a first time for everything, DUMBASS."
- "A Big "You Suck" to @RealitySteve and a big Congrats to @DesHartsock!"
- "I'm actually a little pissed that @RealitySteve lied to all of America."
- "@RealitySteve can suck it! Chris won!!"
- "You are really enjoying all the attention but now no one will believe you... good luck finding a new career!"
- "I think @RealitySteve might be out of a job ...... #awks #wrongooo"
- "Thankfully you're not a veterinarian 'cause that cocky attitude of being mostly right wouldn't keep any1 alive. So wrong."
Oooh, zing. That really sums it up. Good thing you're not a veterinarian, Steve! #PWN3D