After months of hype and nude photo promotion, a snippet of Lady Gaga's new single "Applause" leaked early this weekend, to the star's consternation.
Due out officially on August 19, the track will serve as the lead single off of Gaga's album ARTPOP. If this brief teaser is legit, the song sounds great:
Despite Gaga's best efforts to keep it under wraps, "Applause" made its way online Saturday, not unlike the similarly timed Katy Perry "Roar" leak.
Gaga took to Twitter on Saturday evening and Sunday morning to speak out against the leak, questioning why people couldn't wait for the official release.
Mother Monster also took the opportunity to slam criticism from bloggers and to align herself with singer Perry, her pop superstar / leaked single compatriot.
Check out some of her choice Tweets below:
- Lord, in HEAVEN WHY
- YOU JUST COULDNT WAIT THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ONE SATURDAY
- Don't worry. THE HAUS BUREAU is on the case. -TechHaus
- Wanna grab some shovels and fuck up some hackers? @katyperry excited to hear your ROAR, sorry to hear about your truck!
- Dont focus on ANY blogger criticism. I have been a producer/songwriter/musician for over 10 years. Trust the artist bloggers are not critics
- The fans + music scholars are the best critics because they know the artist intimately. #STOPHarassingTheArtist we are here to entertain you
- Let's make 2013 a year where music/talent/artistry is more important than gossip/fanwars I respect all fanbases 4 their passion #BeTheChange
- #FreeTheArtist #StopTheDramaStartTheMusic
#FreeTheArtist, people. Words to live by?
UPDATE: The snippet above has been taken down and the full single, released by Gaga herself a week early, is now in its place. Take a listen!