Put on your party hats because today marks a couple big birthdays.
Not only is J.K. Rowling turning 48, but her most famous character is also celebrating a birthday. Yes, folks, Harry Potter is 33!
In honor of these milestones, let's attempt to do the impossible: rundown the top 10 moments in Harry Potter movie history! Scroll down for the list and try to keep your venom to a minimum in case we left out your favorite...
A Top 10 List of the Greatest Harry Potter Moments:
- Hermione Punching Draco -- There is no way that any list of great Harry Potter moments could be without this one. As one who had to restrain myself from cheering in the theater, this remains one of my favorite moments in both the books and the films.
- Whomping Willow -- I actually love everything about the Weasley's flying car but something about that tree beating the living daylights out of it amuses me to no end.
- Tri-Wizard Tournament --This is a little bit of a cheat as it's the basis of an entire book but I love the premise of the tournament. Plus Robert Pattinson dies. No, that's wrong. I apologize.
- Wizard's Chess -- Ron Weasley is one of the most adorable characters ever. He was even more adorable when he saved the day with his knowledge of Wizard's Chess.
- Sirius Black -- Harry meeting Sirius and then learning he was his godfather? Just about the sweetest thing ever.
- Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sending off next generation -- Who doesn't love when things come around full circle? Watching that group send their children to Hogwarts is such a great moment.
- Sorting Hat -- Having been sorted when first joining Pottermore, I can only imagine how amazing that would have been if it were actually real.
- Snape's Last Moment's -- Book or movie, doesn't matter. If you don't cry at Snape's last conversation with Harry then you have no soul.
- Harry talking to parents and "family" -- After he's decided to go back and fight Voldemort and he is talking with his parents and other people who have watched over him through his life, heart wrenching.
- "You're a wizard Harry" -- Just four words to set off seven books, eight movies, and so far, sixteen years of great fun.