Five people were killed in a shooting in Manchester, Illinois, on Wednesday morning, prompting the closure of three area schools, Fox News reports.
WLDS, a radio station in the area, first reported that the Illinois shooting suspect attempted to run from the scene and got into a high-speed chase.
Shots were fired while the suspect was taken into custody.
One person was injured, though the injuries remain unclear. The Chicago Tribune reports that a young girl survived and the victims may be family members.
The suspect, the station reports, is in custody.
The crime scene was described as a single-story apartment. The relationship between the suspect and the alleged victims is not clear at this time.
Mayor Ronald Drake did not say who the victims were or give any details about the suspect, who "lived in federal housing" where there is high turnover.
An Illinois State Police spokeswoman says the victims were found early Wednesday in the southwestern Illinois community, 50 miles west of Springfield.
She didn't have any details on the deaths or the capture of the suspect.
A school superintendent in the area says he was informed by sheriffs officials early Wednesday morning that the victims had been shot to death.
Les Stevens of the North Greene School District says he canceled classes because authorities warned him at the time that the suspect was at large.
The district has since been informed that the man was captured. Classes were canceled in three area school districts, affecting around 950 students.
Story developing ...