Pi Day is here again! You know, March 14? 3/14? Get it?!
For those of us who aren't irrationally interested in numbers, Pi is named after a mathematical constant - the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
While usually rounded to 3.14, Pi is not a finite number. In actuality it is 22/7, which has been calculated to a million-plus digits. It is LITERALLY never-ending.
Here are some ways to mark this special occasion:
- Bake yourself a Pumpkin Pi. It's funny and probably tastes awesome.
- Wish everyone a happy Pi Day just to see if anyone actually gets it.
- Go for a 5K run. That's 3.10 miles, which is like really close to 3.14.
- Hold a moment of silence at 1:59:26 p.m. (Pi = 3.1415926...).
- Celebrate Albert Einstein's birthday too ... sort of fits, right?
- Listen to the Pi rap below (obviously someone made one)!