I thought it was very thoughtful even if it is a tax write off. You go Mark ! Any time you give to help others, it's a good thing.
Anohter one of those morons who has no idea what a "tax write off" is. I bet you stupidly think that somehow donating to charity means you end up with more money.
Newsflash for you...say Zuckerberg is in the 35% tax bracket...that means he still gave away $325 MILLION that he otherwise would have had AFTER taxes.
Donating simply reduces your taxable income. The only "write off" you make on it is that you would have had to give 35% (or whatever tax bracket you are in) to the IRS anyway. But you still "lose" the other 65%.
Again you're letting your own incompetence (and lack of information) color your view of other people actions, it's called transferrence.
Get a life, get a job and get an education
OF COURSE HE GETS THE WRITE OFF HE ISNT STUPID, THAT IS EXTRA MONEY IN HIS POCKET, IT ISNT LIKE HE GIVES A CRAP TO REALLY HELP A NYONE, IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY TO THESE RICH PEOPLE!
This is INSAE ignorance of how taxes and charitable donations work. No wonder you are destined to minimum wage and welfare your entire life.
Suffice it to say, no...this does NOT mean he gets "extra money in his pocket." On the contrary, this donation means over $300 million LESS money that he has in his pocket, after all is said and done.
Honestly, Marie...don't embarrass yourself by even communicating with humans ever again. You are so ignorant on all aspects of life, it is just plain sad. How you stave off those daily suicidal thoughts is eynd me.
finally, all my likes has been paid off, worth it.
Good Job Mark for donate a 500 to charity NGO .
thermo black x
im ur fans
THE MONEY GIVEN BY MR. ZUCKERBERG IS GOING INTO A 5013C CORP. THE NEWLY PASSED LAW OVERSEE THAT OVERSEES THESE TYPE OF CORPS. IS UNDER SARBANES/ OXENBERG.THIS TYPE OF CORP. THE DONATION IS SAFE SO DON'T RUN INTO THE GROUND. WHY DONT YOU SEDN A CORTIBUTION AND FEEL BETTE THE REST OF THE DAY.
whats the tax basis here--closing year-end market value times # of share? is so, how can he know the value of his donation in advance?
btw, awesome donation. hope it eventually finds its way to actually help someone(s). i think if it were me, id want to know exactly where it went. only way to do that is to set up his own charity, with himself as chairman, and personal approval required prior to fund distribution. 500 million would challenge the decision processes of a lot of charities.
I wondered why the headline was next to an old pic of Kim Kardashian-you KNOW that family only donates to themselves, by way of Kris's 'church'. Good for him!
sorry, put my response to you under chairman lkeys post. see it there.
That is very generous of Mark Zuckerberg eventhough it may be too early for him to be doing so because Facebook is still young and its future is still murky
my response to you was meant for kristy. sorry for any inconvenience, although it should not have been too much.
you noticed that did you? me too. wonder what it cost her to get the "hollywood gossip" site to put her picture next to that headline--also, interesting contacts she must have to know in advance that this post was coming out and that there was a photo op here.
what a total sleaze bag she is. to try to imply she would actually part with a penny of her money for anything other than herself. under the definition of sleaze in the dictionary is a picture of her. a BIG picture, that is. truly amazing that she and her family have the incredible following that they do--sad comment on what our society values.
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please
Submissions? Questions? Looking to advertise?
© 2014 The Hollywood Gossip - Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News