Madonna told the crowd at her Saturday concert in New Orleans to "vote for Obama" and was promptly booed. The comment also triggered walkouts by several fans:
The pop icon told the audience at the October 27 show, after asking who was registered to vote, "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama."
"Seriously, I don't care who you vote for ... Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote," she later added.
It's the latest in a long line of memorable concert moments from Madonna's MDNA tour, including:
- Supporting gay rights and Pussy Riot in Russia
- Dedicating a song to Elton John
- Revealing a tattoo of Obama's name
- Showing a swastika superimposed on French political leader's forehead
- Covering and maybe sort of dissing Lady Gaga
- Whipping out guns on various occasions
- Falling on stage in Dallas
Rock n' roll.