Two separate brawls at 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards have dominated news for the past two days, with rumors, controversy, fists and possibly even bullets flying.
Here's a rundown of what went down, and what's unproven:
1. The fight between Rick Ross and Young Jeezy did take place, with pushing and shoving backstage.
2. The incident with Gunplay and 50 Cent involved 50's entourage, not 50. There was pepper spray involved, with the former allegedly taken down "by a cop."
3. Gunplay is tight with Ross, but says his issues at the event were unrelated to Ross' feud with Jeezy.
4. TMZ claimed there were shots fired in the parking lot at the Atlanta Civic Center; police say no.
A police spokesperson told the celebrity gossip site: "Shortly after 7:15 pm Saturday, a fight broke out in the parking lot at the Atlanta Civic Center between two groups."
"Officers on scene responded to break up the fight and used OC spray in the process. Individuals fled the scene. There were no arrests or reports of serious injuries."
"Reports of shots fired appear to be untrue."
5. BET also released a statement about the incident:
"Tonight during a taping of the BET Hip Hop Awards 2012, an altercation between two rap entourages broke out backstage. Atlanta police and BET security quickly defused the altercation."
6. According to the AP, "police spokesman Carlos Campos said officers responded to the scuffle at around 7:30 p.m. EST Campos says there were no shots fired."
" Drama unfolded as two men were involved in a fist fight in the parking lot of the venue."
7. The awards ceremony was taped Saturday, but won't air until October 9.
8. The BET Hip-Hop Awards are a totally separate thing from the BET Awards, which went down without incident two months ago.