While Rush Limbaugh mocks Barack Kardashian, the First Lady of the U.S. is staying out of the political fray and focusing on her new book about gardening.
Michelle Obama, who's been promoting her new book about the White House garden and healthy eating, appeared on the Late Show With David Letterman.
Here are her "Top Ten Fun Facts About Gardening" from Tuesday ...
- Gardening was invented in 1822 by Albert Gardener.
- Plant avocados, tomatoes, onions and cilantro together and grow a guacamole tree.
- Eggplants were originally cultivated for use as doorstops.
- In his lifetime, the average American will eat half a radish.
- The largest zucchini ever grown contained a Starbucks.
- Later this year the Supreme Court will finally rule on "tomato" vs. "tomahto."
- If you have an actual green thumb, it might be scurvy.
- Lettuce is 96 percent water and 4 percent lettuce.
- The White House tool shed contains shovels, trowels and Weed Whacker One.
- With enough care and effort you can grow your own Barack-oli.
Her campaign for home-grown diets and to fight obesity has already shown progress. Earlier this year, Michelle even got Jay Leno to eat vegetables. Not a small feat.