Madagascar 3 roared to its second consecutive box office victory this weekend, easily outperforming a couple of disappointing newcomers: Adam Sandler's embarrassing That's My Boy and Tom Cruise's long-haired turn in Rock of Ages.
The animated triquel fell 41 percent from its opening weekend, but still came close to doubling up the second top performer, Prometheus, which dropped 60 percent from a week ago.
Rock of Ages, meanwhile, reportedly cost over $65 million to produce, yet earned just over $15 million. It's not a great sign for star Julianne Hough, whose career hasn't exactly taken off since leaving Dancing with the Stars.
Here's a look at the weekend's biggest money makers:
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted: $35.5 million
- Prometheus: $20.2 million
- Rock of Ages: $15.1 million
- Snow White and the Huntsman: $13.8 million
- That’s My Boy: $13.0 million