Justin Bieber's alleged attack on a member of the paparazzi - who accuses him of roughing him up and leaving him in need of medical attention - is clearly BS.
Can you see Justin Bieber roughing someone up? Seriously?
That's beside the point, though. Whatever happened, Biebs' altercation is just the latest in a long string of tense run-ins between stars and the media who cover the celebrity gossip we crave. Here's a look back at seven of the most memorable:
1. Britney Spears: After a downward spiral that saw her shave her head, file for divorce and deliver her second child in the span of a year, Spears suffered a meltdown in February 2007 that saw her violently attack a paparazzo's car with an umbrella:
2. Russell Brand: Katy Perry's ex recently gave a whole new meaning to the term "dropped call" as he grabbed a photographer's iPhone and flung it through a nearby window. Brand later turned himself in after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
3. Kanye West: The rapper racked up three misdemeanor charges in 2008 after he was arrested for allegedly wrestling with a photographer at LAX, grabbing his camera and smashing it on the floor. The charges were eventually dropped.4. Alec Baldwin. The actor, whose fiery temper has led to some nasty public incidents, was actually placed under citizen's arrest in 1995 after he allegedly punched a cameraman and broke his nose. A jury determined that he had acted in self-defense.
The comedian later joked, "Since Steve Jobs died I cannot bear to see anyone use an iPhone irreverently, what I did was a tribute to his memory."
5. Sean Penn: The two-time Oscar winner reportedly found a photographer in his hotel bedroom in China and dangled him from the ninth-floor balcony.
Penn, never one to hold back, was reportedly charged with attempted murder for that charade but fled the country before authorities could nab him.
6. Lindsay Lohan: Driving over a paparazzo's foot is just one entry on her laundry list of legal woes. Some people simply should not drive cars.
7. Bieber. Just by getting in the guy's grill, Justin earned our respect.