Ho-hum. Another weekend passed, another first place finish for The Hunger Games.
The global blockbuster earned $21.5 million on Friday and Saturday, helping it defeat such newcomers as The Three Stooges and The Cabin in the Woods to become the first film since Avatar to sit atop the box office four weeks in a row.
Among the latest notable achievements for The Hunger Games:
- It has earned $337 million domestically, sliding past Spider-Man 3 for 22nd place on the list of all-time hits.
- Including international receipts, it has garnered $531 million at the box office.
Here's a look at the weekend's top five money makers:
- The Hunger Games: $21.5 million
- The Three Stooges: $17.1 million
- The Cabin in the Woods: $14.9 million
- Titanic 3D: $11.6 million
- American Reunion: $10.7 million