Fans around the country enjoyed a very happy opening day of The Hunger Games yesterday.
In its first 24 hours of release, the very well-received Jennifer Lawrence blockbuster earned $68.3 million, taking fifth place on the all-time single day revenue chart. It actually ranks first, however, for all non-sequels.
What grade would you give The Hunger Games?
In fact, The Hunger Games is the only non-sequel to occupy a spot in the top 10 opening days in history, as you can see below:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, $91.1 million
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon, $72.7 million
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, $71.6 million
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, $68.5 million
- The Hunger Games, $68.3 million
- The Dark Knight, $67.2 million
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, $62 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, $61.7 million
- Spider-Man 3, $60 million
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, $58.2 million