The rumors are swirling again, as they seem to every spring and fall as Dancing With the Stars prepares to unveil a new cast: Will Maksim Chermkovskiy return?
He certainly didn’t endear himself to the judges last season when he made arrogant quips to Len Goodman about how the elder statesman should leave the show.
Even though he claimed in the same breath that “this is my show, you know,” is Maks calling it a career? He's hinted that he might, and ABC won't comment.
The DWTS producers won’t reveal which pros will return for the 14th season until they announce the latest round of celebrities (February 28 on Good Morning America).
When the new season begins March 19, there would be a gaping void without Maks - love him, loathe him or a little of both - that very few if any celebs could fill.
EW even lists the obvious reasons why:
- His passion makes for great TV. He's over the top sometimes, but he cares.
- He's an institution at DWTS, having been with the show since Season 2.
- He has yet to win the Mirror Ball trophy. C'mon, Maks. One more shot?
- He's actually a very good teacher ... occasional tough love and all.
- Women seem to love images such as the one above.
What do you think? Would DWTS be the same without Maks?