Emily Maynard has been confirmed as The Bachelorette, a full six months before the summer premiere and well before filming has even begun on the new season.
While ABC has not officially announced that the 26-year-old North Carolinian will star on the show, it's been reported by People, EW, E! News and numerous others.
It's happening, and the casting was likely leaked early on purpose.
That's because Emily Maynard is a different kind of Bachelorette, and guys had better know what they're in for. Here's a little tip sheet for prospective suitors ...
- Ricki, Ricki, Ricki. Maynard and her 6-year-old daughter, are incredibly close. So much show that production is moving to their hometown of Charlotte, N.C. Any fellas coming on The Bachelorette are really wooing two women.
- The past matters. Maynard lost her fiance, NASCAR driver Ricky Hendrick, at age 19. Days after Ricky's death, Maynard learned she was pregnant. She named their only child after him, and remains close to his family.
- The more recent past matters. While it didn't work out with Brad Womack after The Bachelor, he and Maynard are still close. Womack "taught me that I have it in me to love again," Emily said. "He's always going to be a part of my life."
- Image matters. As a mother, Emily is not likely to be sexualized or over-the-top in her pursuit of a good time on the show. Guys should act accordingly.
- Patience is a priority. A beautiful Southern belle, Maynard can find a date any time she wants, but a lasting relationship is a different story. Any potential mate must be prepared that this courtship will be an unconventional one.
- No douchebags please. Seriously, as offensive as Bentley Williams was on Ashley Hebert's season, a return by that ass clown would be 10 times worse.
- Hope you like Charlotte. It's a vibrant, booming city. One you're likely to live in for a long time if you want to be with Emily. Just saying.