Breaking Dawn didn't break any box office records this weekend, but it didn't fare too poorly, either.
The fourth installment in The Twilight Saga is estimated to have earned $139.5 million on Friday and Saturday, the fifth most lucrative opening weekend in Hollywood history. New Moon actually bested this edition by $4 million on 2004.
But Breaking Dawn did set a new Twilight mark in global earnings, taking home $283.5 million around the world over the last couple days. Did you see it? What did you think Breaking Dawn?
Below, we've posted the complete top 10 box office results from the weekend.
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1, $139.5 million
- Happy Feet Two, $22 million
- Immortals, $12.3 million
- Jack and Jill, $12 million
- Puss in Boots, $10.7 million
- Tower Heist, $7 million
- J. Edgar, $5.9 million
- A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, $2.9 million
- In Time, $1.7 million
- The Descendants, $1.2 million