Bond 23, or the 23rd film in the 007 franchise, is getting closer by the day.
James Bond himself, Daniel Craig, was joined by director Sam Mendes at a news conference today to discuss some of the rumors surrounding the spy flick, currently slated for a November 2012 release in the United States.
Here are some spoilers gleaned from the Bond 23 press event:
- The film will officially be called Skyfall. The title was leaked a few weeks ago, so this wasn't the biggest surprise. Still, let the speculation continue.
- Judi Dench would be returning to reprise her role as Bond's superior. Javier Bardem is indeed on board as the secret agent's #1 nemesis, along with Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney and French actress Bérénice Marlohe.
- Skyfall will be shot in London, Shanghai, Turkey, Istanbul and Scotland.
- Naomie Harris will be the latest Bond girl. Nickname TBA.
- It won't have any connection to the previous two Bond films starring Craig.
- In Skyfall, Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost may be.