Movie goers were anything but scared to line up for Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend.
The third film in this horror franchise scared up $54 million on Friday and Saturday, making it the biggest opener in Hollywood since Rise of the Planet of the Apes and easily the most impressive in the Paranormal Activity series, topping the sequel's $40.7 million start.
Hugh Jackman's Real Steel fell to second place, meanwhile, but surpassed $150 million around the globe. Let's take a look at the top 10 box office results from the weekend:
- Paranormal Activity 3: $54 million
- Real Steel: $11.3 million
- Footloose: $10.9 million
- The Three Musketeers: $8.8 million
- The Ides of March: $4.9 million
- Dolphin Tale: $4.2 million
- Moneyball: $4.1 million
- Johnny English Reborn: $3.8 million
- The Thing: $3.1 million
- 50/50: $2.8 million