Even her biggest fans likely agree that if Amy Winehouse died from something other than a drug overdose, it would come as something of a surprise.
Tabloid reports that her last 36 hours were spent in a drug-induced blur are therefore easy to believe, but nothing has been established conclusively.
A source told Britain's The People the late Rehab singer, who was found dead Saturday at 27, was seen buying the narcotics at a London bar Friday.
Fueled by whiskey, ecstasy, ketamine, cocaine and heroin, reports say, "Amy seemed determined to have a big one," an insider told the tabloid.
"Getting out of it was clearly her main priority of the night," the source adds. "None of us know who was with her into the early hours of Saturday."
Should we believe this? Not so fast.
Amy's doctor had just visited the singer Friday, a day before she died, and was reportedly "happy with her condition," an insider told The UK Sun.
"When he left on Friday night he had no concerns. Less than 24 hours later she was found dead," the insider told the paper. "Amy's health has been very fragile and she has been having a series of checkups."
Amy's parents, Mitch and Janis, have shot down reports of their daughter's drug-fueled demise, saying they don't think drugs were responsible.
Some friends of the late singer are speculating Winehouse might have intentionally overdosed after a quarrel with her boyfriend Reg Traviss, after he'd found out about recent conversations she’d had with ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil.
The Winehouse family flatly denied that took place.
Asked about reports that Amy had bought "cocaine, ketamine and ecstasy hours before she died," her parents said that it was all "nonsense."
Police confirm that no signs of drugs were spotted in her house, and her doctor reportedly did give the "all clear" the night before her death.
So what else would have done it? Instead, some believe Amy's passing was brought on by a massive seizure, with alcohol as the catalyst.
"The hardcore drugs completely wrecked Amy's nervous system ... She gave up [hard drugs] a while ago but she was still drinking heavily."
"That could bring on seizures."
Amy had been suffering from seizures regularly and, despite being warned by doctors, kept drinking. Still, we repeat, none of this is proven.
We'll find out more when toxicology reports come in. In the meantime, we hope that her parents, friends, and fans band together in support.