Captain America is more than just the First Avenger. He was also first at the box office this weekend.
Chris Evans and company earned $65.8 million on Friday and Saturday, challenging Thor as the highest-grossing superhero opening of the summer. Our friends at Movie Fanatic gave the action flick four strong stars.
Harry Potter's final adventure dropped by a staggering 72 percent in its second weekend, but it would have been impossible to have come close to its record-breaking first few days of release. Let's take a look at the top five, shall we?
- Captain America: The First Avenger - $65.8 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - $48.1 million
- Friends with Benefits - $18.5 million
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $12 million
- Horrible Bosses - $11.7 million