How do we know for sure? Well, we suppose we don't. Not 100 percent anyway, since no named source will confirm it, let alone The Bachelor pair themselves.
But come on. We know a breakup when we see it, and even if there's no Twitter war of words available to the public, we're willing to stick a fork in these two.
Here's why we're 99.9% sure of a Brad Womack-Emily Maynard breakup:
It was all downhill from here ...
- It happened once before, between the taping of The Bachelor and the night the After the Final Rose special aired. Not a good sign, and they didn't even seem happy (or put on that good a front) by that point.
- The distance thing isn't that bad. Yes, Emily and Brad live in North Carolina and Texas. Too far to drive. But if you're in love, you make it work, rather than cite this as a reason it didn't before even really trying.
- Brad is persona non grata on her Facebook / Twitter. Yes, we realize they are probably just private people. But not one denial of the absurd rumors floating around tells you something. She doesn't even mention him.
- The engagement ring is off. Typical of a non-engaged woman.
- Brad is actually a cyborg. Okay, that's just THG's theory.
In short, Brad is clearly 0-2 at this Bachelor thing. Perhaps he should have proposed to Ashley Hebert ... she seemed into him, which Emily never really did.