After an emotional reunion special, the sun has set on our beloved Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and Andy Cohen is simply bananas over his new golden geese.
Kyle and Kim's season finale fight was relived, Camille displayed her true (borderline insane) colors again and Lisa and Adrienne cemented their fan-favorite status.
How did the women leave things as we begin the long hiatus before Season 2? Our RHOBH critic brings you up to speed on everything that went down right here:
I like (okay, loved) Lisa, Taylor, Kyle, Kim, Adrienne and even Camille. I just want to draw hearts all over Lisa Vanderpump's face. Part One of the Reunion Special was a bit of a bitch-fest compared to last night's conclusion.
We had to beat a dead horse with Kyle and Camille for a sizable chunk of the episode, but after that we moved on to more interesting topics. Such as, you ask?
Cedric's attempt to extort Lisa and Ken for goodness-knows-what, followed by a "where is he now" segment. What a cad. He-who-takes-acting classes and can't be bothered to button his shirt during an interview has the audacity to speak ill of Lisa Vanderpump.
How dare you, Cedric?You describe your day-to-day life with Lisa as if it's you who's put out. You were the one who shacked up at their house for free! You were the one taking handouts (and a visa, no less) all the while sharpening your teeth to bite the hands that so generously feeds you.
Shame on you, silly man. We know you're quite broken from a very traumatic childhood, but these people are your friends. And as friends they are setting boundaries and being crystal clear about their expectations. Lisa never tried to abandon you.
She tried to help you grow up. And give Ken back his luggage.
What to discuss next? So much happened last night. There were points in the episode that I did feel Kyle was being a bit of a bully. I know! I know! Camille is slightly crackers and deserves much of what she got, but Kyle has a tendency to discredit EVERYTHING that comes out of Camille's mouth.
Is anyone with me? Lisa sure isn't, but Kim took a veeeeeeery pregnant pause when Andy Cohen asked her if Kyle was a bully.
Then things got tough. We had to sit through Kim and Kyle's season finale fight. It was so hard to watch, especially hearing crazy things come out of Kim's mouth (again) like "You stole my Goddamn house!" and "You drink all day!"
It was unsettling and unpleasant and shouldn't have been aired. But, here we are talking about it. I was a little weepy myself when Kim and Kyle sat next to each other, because it was clear so much damage had been done to their relationship.
Andy Cohen tried his best to get Kim to talk about that night, but she refused and that was the right thing to do. In the past, idiot housewives would have been happy to share such "hardships" with Andy, but this seems like a serious enough issue that it's best that we not know all the details. Not to mention it's none of our business.
All in all, I walked away from this franchise really liking the ladies of Beverly Hills. Adrienne and Lisa are tied for first, but I can't rank the rest of them. They're all neck-in-lifted-neck for second and third. I could probably put Taylor at the bottom and let the other three duke it out.
So Much To Discuss Instead Of Printing Out Those TPS Reports
- Camille's New York press tour might have cleaned up her image a bit. She handled herself well against the likes of Barbara Walters and Joy Behar. I didn't shake my fists at her once, which means it was a success.
- Who is paying for Cedric's acting classes?
- Hello to the Househusbands! Mauricio, you're looking delicious. Ken, the teeth look great and I'm dazzled by your diamond man-brooch. Russell, you're still looking drippy. Paul, how is your nose?
- Adrienne got a pre-nup and she's not afraid to show it. Smart girl.
- Kim's stone face was totally edited to be shown when Russell said "I don't have the energy for a twenty year old."
- FINALLY. Non-husband Nick was addressed. You're good for few things, Andy Cohen, and this was one of them. Kissing your friend's hubby on the lips, then making an "O" face is not appropriate. Don't kiss them on the lips at all. Stick to shaking hands if you find the lips difficult to resist.
- "You started the fight!" Cohen's right, Taylor. You started the season finale fight. Then you went to Mexico with The Drip.
- Yes, Kyle did ask for it when crazy Alison the medium shattered the illusion of her happy life. But then it seems the electronic-cigarette picked up a bad signal and read Camille's life instead. You might want to fix those signals, medium.