We spent much of December looking back at the stars, stories and celebrity scandals that made 2010 so memorable. Now we look ahead to a brand new year.
Some scandals will come out of nowhere. Some celebs will make news for reasons we can't predict, and random people will become stars of the gossip world.
Still, there are some potential stars, feuds and topics we already have our eye on. Here are 11 Hollywood news stories to keep your eye out for in 2011 ...
Is this the year people tire of Kim and the 'Tag? Was that 2007-2010?
11. The Michael Jackson trial. Will Dr. Conrad Murray be held criminally liable for the death of the King of Pop in a precedent-setting manslaughter case?
10. Reality bites. Oh, but you know you still watch. The question? Will the Jersey Shore cast, Kardashians and Real Housewives get bigger, or fade away?
9. Repeat offenders. Will the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan get it together for their own good, or keep effing up for ours?8. You can't look away. Heidi Montag plastic surgery is like a repulsive, horrific car wreck you can't help but gawk at. Her next operation will be no different.
7. Kanye said what? Come on. It's only a matter of time until he outdoes himself yet again. Can anyone else challenge him for verbal gaffe of the year?
6. Poor Jen. Will she finally get over Brad Pitt? Will tabloids cease to invent tales of Brangelina splitting up, cheating and/or marrying? Probably not on both.
BRANGELENNIFER: The love triangle that wouldn't end. Ever.
5. A clash of titans. Both Britney Spears and Lady Gaga are releasing albums around the same time. Who will go down as the year's queen of pop music?
4. T-Swizzle and SuBo. Two more ladies who have conquered the world. Can they remain on top with the aforementioned pop divas releasing new stuff?
3. Wedding of the century. When Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot, it will be a magical, world-stopping event fit for a king. Almost literally.
2. Palin for President. Political views aside, you gotta hope she runs for the sound bites and news clips alone. You don't, however, have to hope she wins.
1. Record breaking. Will Breaking Dawn be the biggest movie ever? Will Robsten get engaged and have a baby in real life? Oh, Harry Potter also ends.
Which of these stories are you looking forward to seeing play out this year? What else is on your radar? Leave a comment and share with THG.