The video of Miley Cyrus smoking a bong at her birthday party last month has raised many questions among her fans and critics. Is this proper behavior? What idiotic friend filmed this act?
And what the heck if salvia?
Indeed, the substance Miley inhales on camera is an herb that is legal to possess in California. However, it has been listed as a "drug of concern" by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.
It looks like this friend of Miley Cyrus has already had a hit or two of salvia, doesn't it?
Here is what else the DEA has to say about salvia:
- It's typically smoked to "evoke hallucinogenic effects."
- These effects "include perceptions of bright lights, vivid colors and shapes, as well as body movements and body or object distortions."
- Physical manifestations include: uncontrolled laughter, lack of coordination, dizziness, slurred speech.
- The agency is "looking into the drug" to determine whether or not it should be considered "on par" with LSD and heroin.
- It is not considered to be addictive.
Armed with this information, readers, you tell us: Miley Cyrus smoking salvia is...