Details Emerge on Cake Boss Arrest; Did Remy Gonzalez Admit to Sexual Assault?

by at . Comments

The sordid details of the allegations against Remy Gonzalez are coming to light.

Earlier this week, the Cake Boss star was arrested on charges of sexual assault, a crime sources say the reality star actually admitted to.

This update is courtesy of a police affidavit obtained by The Newark Star-Ledger. It states that a pair of witnesses told detectives they confronted Gonzalez on August 17 after a boy between the age of 13 and 16 claimed to have been sexually assaulted by the 32-year-old cake decorator.

This incident reportedly took place twice, both times occurring between September 2009 and March 9, 2010.

After learning medical personnel were taking a look at the accuser, the affidavit says Gonzalez broke down and admitted to having engaged in acts "of sexual assault" that included penetration. He was arrested the next day.

Gonzalez is currently locked in a Morris County prison, unable to pay his $300,000 bail.

"It's not an exorbitant [amount]," New Jersey-based criminal defense attorney James M. Porfido told E! News. "It's probably within the guidelines... For first-degree charges that carry mandatory incarceration up to 20 years, that's someone who could be considered a flight risk. That may justify a higher bail."

Gonzalez is next expected in court for a September 7 hearing.

Tags: ,