We know she lives in denial, but this one is an all-timer.
Lindsay Lohan's excuse, as relayed by her mother Dina, for her SCRAM ankle monitor shockingly going off Sunday at an MTV Movie Awards after-party?
"Somebody spilled a drink on her leg, which must have set off the SCRAM bracelet," Dina told the N.Y. Post. Right. 'Cause that's totally how it works.
The device measures perspiration in the skin, not alcohol specifically. Even if someone did spill a drink on her leg, how would it distinguish the liquid?
Hilarious. Dina adds: "She has done absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't have to wear the bracelet in the first place. She is doing absolutely fine."
Okay, Dina. NOTE: A judge ordered her to wear it after she failed to appear in court for probation hearings stemming from her two DUI convictions.
Amazingly, this is up there with her best/worst excuses we've heard in recent memory, but this is Lindsay Lohan. It's got legitimate competition for the #1 spot.
Here's a look at some other tall tales she's told (via E! Online):
1. The black guy did it: In the 2007 incident she's still in hot water for, Linds tried to pin her drunk Pacific Coast Highway joyride on her assistant's pal Dante.
2. Pants on fire: After she claimed "the black kid" was driving that night, cops found cocaine on her. Oh, she borrowed those jeans from a friend! That bitch!
3. Fearing for her life: Lindsay has blamed her reckless (substance-abusing) driving on the fact that cameras follow her every move. She was scared, okay??!
4. Dog ate my passport: Despite a looming court date, Lohan still went yacht hopping in France, missed her flight back, then said someone stole her passport.
5. It was a set up: While in Cannes, a photo surfaced of LiLo and a plate of cocaine. What?! No, those were just fans staging the cocaine pic to sabotage her.
Mmm hmm. At this point, Pinocchio couldn't front on this lunatic.