The stakes were raised for the American Idol finalists last night.
It was Elvis Presley week, for starters, as it's always a challenge to sing classic singles by one of the most iconic artists of all-time.
Meanwhile, Adam Lambert served as a mentor, bringing extra attention to the broadcast by fans of last year's runner-up. As if that wasn't enough, the contestants took the stage aware that TWO of them would be sent home, following last week's save of Michael Lynche.
So, who stepped up his/her game in the face of such pressure? Let's find out...
- Lee DeWyze made the perfect song choice in "A Little Less Conversation." It's one of Elvis' most catchy hits and, as the judges keep telling us, Lee has one of the best radio voices in the competition. An ideal combo.
- Crystal Bowersox is almost a bore at this point. Not really, of course, but her rendition of "Saved" was just the latest example of why she's guaranteed to finish in the top three and will likely win it all.
- Michael Lynche didn't make Simon and company regret saving him. He sat on the stage, strummed his guitar and did what he does best: connect with the audience.
- Tim Urban earned raves for the second consecutive week. Another great song choice here, as viewers suddenly Can't Help Falling in Love with the cute crooner.
- Casey James might be playing it too safe. His performances are always similar, which isn't a bad thing - but also make it impossible to ever award him the top spot.
- Aaron Kelly could be in danger of elimination, as nothing stood out about his "Blue Suede Shoes." No 'wow' moment, as Simon likes to say.
- Siobhan Magnus falls to the lowest spot we've ever had her at with her confusing arrangement on "Suspicious Minds." Not one of Elvis' better known singles, so we admire the risk she took. But it didn't pay off for a chance.
- Think Katie Stevens was venting to the judges with her choice of "Baby What You Want Me To Do?"
- Andrew Garcia sang "Hound Dog." He seems very nice, but will hopefully be singing it again tonight after he gets voted out.
Who was your favorite performer? Click on photos of each from last night below: