It turns out the male favorite and the female favorite on American Idol have something in common: an electric guitar.
Last week, Casey James rocked out with this instrument. Last night, similarly, Crystal Bowersox broke it out and, once again, put on the best performance of the evening.
But Siobhan Magnus stepped up and sent a message to Crystal: Not so fast! My unique look and sound, combined with confidence and a great voice, will make this a two-woman race!
Below, we rank the most recent performances by the ladies and ask readers to name their favorite...
- Crystal Bowersox: We hate to sound like Kara, but Crystal knows exactly who she is as an artist. She strums along and turns hit songs into her own creations.
- Siobhan Magnus: Different from Crystal in that we have no idea what to expect each week, but similar in terms of her stage presence and comfort in her ability.
- Didi Benami: Our favorite after the Hollywood rounds. Finally put on a performance worthy of the finals.
- Lilly Scott: Yes, it would be nice to hear a modern single from Scott. But she still stands out for her look and her sound.
- Katelyn Epperly: The earth didn't move under our feet from this somewhat cheesy rendition. But we'll be shocked, and sad, if she doesn't move on.
- Katie Stevens: Why are the judges so focused on Katie's age? All their critiques focus on the fact that she's 17. Relax and just listen to her sing, please.
- Lacey Brown: Better than the previous two weeks, but also forgettable. Can we get rid of her now?
- Paige Miles: Solid voice, boring performances. The most likely to be eliminated this week.
Who was your favorite? Who would you send home?