Due to a medical emergency involving Crystal Bowersox, the men were forced to switch nights with the ladies this week on American Idol.
We guess we could chalk up the number of poor performances to this scheduling switch... if so many guys had not also been lackluster last Wednesday evening.
While a handful of semifinalists stood out, we wouldn't complain if any of the bottom half of contestants listed below got voted out. Here's how we'd rank this week's male contenders:
- Aaron Kelly: Granted, "My Girl" is a fun, easy song to sing for anyone with a good voice. But Aaron showed impressive range and confidence for a 16-year old.
- Michael Lynche: Might have to be known for more than his physique and personality know. Fantastic song choice with a James Brown classic.
- Casey James: The judges may say it's a singing competition, but his electric guitar will help James go far. So will his looks.
- Lee DeWyze:We hate to agree with Kara, but it's true: we could imagine Lee on the radio right this very instant.
- Andrew Garcia: That rendition of "Straight Up" is coming back to hurt him. No performance since has compared.
- Alex Lambert: We weren't nearly as impressed as the judges. He may not have vomited before performing this week, but is that the standard we're going by now?
- Todrick Hall: The best of the worst. We'll give him points again for at least trying something different.
- John Park: Ellen said she likes his look. The guy wears a t-shirt and... is Asian? We're not sure what Ellen means.
- Jermaine Sellers: Says he'll stick around because "I know God." Loved Simon's response: Then there's no need for anyone to call in for you, right?
- Tim Urban: Seems like a very nice guy. But simply isn't a very good singer.
Take your pick, vote our any of the final four and we'll be happy. But we'd send Sellers and Urban packing. How about you?
Below, we've posted performance photos of all 10 semifinalists. Click on each to enlarge and choose your favorite...