Britney Spears wants to separate fact from celebrity gossip.
The singer unveiled a "BS Alert" page on her Web site in an effort to call out the most outlandish stories written about her over the last 12 months.
"There were more then 13,000 stories written about Britney Spears in 2009," the blog, posted by the pop superstar's manager, Adam Leber, reads.
"We ranked the ones we believe were the most ridiculous."
Not surprisingly, given that Spears' actual antics were stranger than fiction for a time, there were several strong candidates for the 2009 top spot.
The winner? A UK report that the singer was dating Indian choreographer Sandip Soparrkar, and introduced the Bollywood dance star to her parents.
Britney Spears is no stranger to bizarre gossip stories.
While Sandip himself said he never dated Britney, he overtly suggested that Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph, started that rumor to drum up some publicity.
We wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.
Also on the list of some of the best stories of the year involving Spears (with the minor problem of them being patently false) were some of our favorites:
- That the singer's dad, Jamie, was looking to set up Spears with actors Chace Crawford and Jesse Metcalfe, and later Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps.
- That her kids Sean, 4, and Jayden, 3, trashed a $2,000-a-night suite at Connecticut's Mohegan Sun Casino where Brit performed on tour.
- That Jamie Spears drugged and molested Britney (we know where that one originated, like so many other revelations - Courtney Love's Facebook).
- That she walked in on K-Fed tagging new GF Victoria Prince.
- That Britney's fans staged a walkout of an Australian show.
- That she wanted a stripper pole installed in a hotel room.
- That she worships Satan (her own Twitter was hacked).
- That she had breast reduction surgery (yeah, right)!
- That she married agent boyfriend Jason Trawick.
- That he Britney Spears pregnant (Seacrest said so).
That's an abridged version, too. LOL!