They may not be real doctors, but they cure what ails us on TV. Well, most of the time at least. Either way, we live and die with these characters weekly.
Here are The Hollywood Gossip's 10 favorite TV doctors ...
10. Dr. Fitch Cooper, Nurse Jackie. "Doctors don't heal, they diagnose. We heal." Okay, that line is actually from the title character. But "Coop" is a great supplement to Jackie. He also sleeps with Jennie Garth and stars in New Moon!
9. Dr. Andy Yablonski, Three Rivers. If CBS' new show about transplants seen via different points of view survives, it can thank Alex O'Loughlin. Hot.
8. Dr. Olivia Benford, FlashForward. ABC's uneven sci-fi series has a lot of flaws. Sonya Walger (a.k.a. Penny from Lost) is actually not among them!
7. Drs. Dylan Walsh and Julian McMahon, Nip/Tuck. Whether the plastic surgeons are fathering illegitimate children, face-disfiguring serial rapists, or performing tummy tucks, there's not much to like about these two. Just how we like it.
6. Dr. Charlotte King, Private Practice. The Grey's Anatomy spinoff features a number of worthy candidates, but we're taking KaDee Strickland's smack-talking, ass-kicking, emotionally stunted and gorgeous Southern belle.
5. Dr. Leo Spaceman, 30 Rock. When you need medical advice ... seek it from anyone but Dr. Leo Spaceman (pronounced spa-che-men). But for comedy, Chris Parnell's doctor may be unrivaled (as are his 30 Rock quotes).
4. Drs. Miranda Bailey and Cristina Yang, Grey's Anatomy. We know. How do we not pick McDreamy or McSteamy? Because Chandra Wilson and Sandra Oh have nine Emmy nominations combined for a reason, that's why.
3. Dr. Elliot Reid, Scrubs. We've had a huge crush on her for years. She's part neurotic nerdy and part Barbie doll. Basically ... marry us, Elliot?
2. Dr. Jack Shephard, Lost. If Jack weren't aboard Oceanic Flight 815, the castaways would have been lost without their de facto leader in Seasons One and Two. Then Ben would have died in Season Three! Thank you Jack!
1. Dr. Gregory House, House M.D. ''What would you prefer, a doctor who holds your hand while you die or one who ignores you while you get better?" That would be House summed up in one quote. And he's still the best.