Anna Nicole Smith's death wasn't pretty. In fact, it was the polar opposite.
Revelations made in the first hours of the preliminary hearing against Howard K. Stern, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Dr. Sandeep Kapoor - the trio facing a combined 23 felony charges relating to the star's drug use and death - are disgusting.
We're talkin' feces in the bed, infections in uncomfortable places, blue-lipped ugliness. Detectives investigating the Playboy model's death found the following:
- Smith was found February 8, 2007, covered with feces.
- A dozen different prescription and illicit drugs from her hotel room, many prescribed by the hundreds, included powerful sedatives and muscle relaxers.
- Howard K. Stern had served Anna, who was complaining of flu-like symptoms, children's electrolyte formula Pedialyte in a baby bottle. Great imagery.
- Smith's cause of death was ruled acute combined drug toxicity of chloral hydrate, with additional drugs contributing. Sound like someone else we know?
- Coroners say Smith had an infected abscess on her buttock and that Dr. Khristine Eroshevich admitted that Smith had been taking meds via injection.
- Medications including methadone had been shipped to Smith's P.O. box during her stay in the Bahamas and were sometimes picked up by Stern.
Anna Nicole Smith (1968-2007) was a deeply disturbed individual.
Yeah. And it's actually much worse than you think. One can only wonder what will happen when Larry Birkhead is called to the stand in the case this week.
For the full story, read on at E! ...