Below, our staff takes a look back at some of the defining moments of the past week in celebrity gossip, which was the most exciting since ... well, probably last week.
It's THG's Week in Review!
Some of the highlights were:
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom actually got married. Seriously. We were sure it was all a ratings-generating sham, but there are wedding pictures.
- Miley Cyrus scores a cameo in the Sex and the City sequel. And Twitters about being in pain. And dances on stage as if she loves taking it from behind.
- A David Letterman extortion plot was revealed after the talk show host admitted on air that he was being targeted for a past affair with a staff member.
- The woman in question? Stephanie Birkitt, a former Late Show staffer who began working with Dave in the late 1990s (their relationship ended in 2003).
- Dave also may have dated Holly Hester.
- The alleged culprit? Robert Halderman (pictured), a CBS producer who arraigned in a Manhattan court and pleaded not guilty after his arrest Thursday.
Robert Halderman is accused of blackmailing David Letterman.
- Britney Spears releases her latest sex-themed single, "3."
- Amy Winehouse rapped. It's even freakier than it sounds.
- The Hills is back. It is everything we thought it could be.
- We was already there with fans, but Adam Lambert hit #1.
- Jon and Elizabeth Edwards may be headed for a divorce.
- Obligatory Jon and Kate Gosselin news: The douchebag was allegedly fired, and the show renamed Kate Plus 8. He then said he was going to quit the show anyway and pretended to care about his eight kids.
- Kate slammed this as just another PR stunt. Sigh. As Jon's new soul mate Hailey Glassman eloquently put it on her Twitter page, Jon and Kate drama has "taken over the entire world." For better or for worse.
Don't forget to follow THG on Twitter for all of the latest Hollywood news, celebrity gossip, rumors, commentary and humor as it happens, 24/7/365.