Looks like anyone who thought Lindsey Johnson and Bethany Steffen were just making this stuff up to get paid by celebrity gossip tabloids was mistaken.
EDITOR'S NOTE: No one thought that. We all know Ed is shady.
Weeks after reports began surfacing that Ed Swiderski had not one but two girlfriends when he proposed to Jillian Harris on The Bachelorette, his complete email exchanges with both of them have been published online by Reality Steve.
Steve is a man with connections who often gets dirt on reality TV (hence the name), especially The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. He came through here.
He had previously been in contact with Ed Swiderski about an interview. Ed declined. But when Reality Steve obtained the emails Ed sent to his lady friends, he informed Ed that he was planning to publish them on his blog (which he did).
It appears Ed and Jillian have formed a united front and are determined to simply laugh off all of the tabloid reports of him being a two-timing cheater.
Swiderski's reply: "Go with it, Steve-o! After all, God put you here to report on reality TV, and that's certainly something to be proud of. It's your duty!"
What kind of guy is Jillian Harris marrying in Ed Swiderski?
Still, it's hard to see how she can laugh off him telling Lindsey Johnson, "I'm going to molest you when I get home" or telling Steffen "you know I never took this seriously" and "you know I am not, in any way, attracted to the chick."
Reality Steve has the full exchanges published and we reported on most of the highlights in previous articles. So let's just sum up what we know:
- Two weeks before the show began, in an email to Bethany Steffen, Ed Swiderski specifically states that he "would be doing the show for the wrong reasons" and has no interest in romance with star Jillian Harris.
- He then leaves to do The Bachelorette, telling both women he’s only going to be gone two weeks because that’s all "work" will allow. This is corroborated by his email to Lindsey, in which he wants to come home and fondle her.
- Ed goes home. Both women say they saw him, hung out with him, and slept with him (unbeknownst to each other) when he was back in Chicago.
- Lindsey Johnson says they went to a wedding together (friends have corroborated this), and she spent 4-5 days with him before he told her he was leaving for a "business trip" to Texas (really Spain and Hawaii).
- She found out about this after he got back, having proposed to Jillian Harris on the season finale. Lindsey (below, right) had sex with Ed anyway. He tried to booty call Bethany (left) after the show ended as well.
Clearly, Jillian is an adult who can make her own decisions. If she wants to naively deny, or simply accept all this and look to the future with Ed, fine.
But after confirming that the above points are all more or less true, one would think it paints a picture of a shady character that is hard to ignore.
Will Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski last?