Happy Fourth of July, celebrity gossip fans. Below, The Hollywood Gossip staff takes a look back at what was a tragic, eventful week in the celebrity world.
As you all know, one story dominated the news ...
- The cause of Michael Jackson's death is looking more and more like an overdose of dangerous prescription drugs. An LAPD and DEA investigation continues.
- Meanwhile, Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe wants custody of "her" kids, while speculation persists that he was not the biological father of his own children. Dermatologist Arnold Klein, who treated MJ, is rumored to be the actual dad.
- Media coverage of Jackson's demise has run the gamut. The OK! cover pic showed him dying, while Life & Style alleges he someone killed him. Amazing.
- In a new interview, Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag say birth control is a conspiracy, think September 11 was an "inside job," abhor fame, etc.
- As some Bachelorette spoilers predicted, Ed returned, while Wes Hayden's "girlfriend" Laurel Kagay has been broken up with him for a year.
- In other Bachelor news, Melissa Rycroft is engaged to Tye Strickland!
- Sarah Palin abruptly calls it quits as Governor of Alaska.
- Former John Edwards campaign aide Andrew Young is allegedly writing a tell-all book. One rumor? He has a Rielle Hunter-John Edwards sex tape.
- Kendra Wilkinson wedding pics: Not at all cheesy or tacky.
- Kevin Jonas gets engaged to girlfriend Danielle Deleasa! Yay!
- Robert Pattinson's aunt offers him some helpful dating advice.
- Speaking of dating, check out this Jon Gosselin Match.com profile.