Michael Jackson fans will get a chance to say goodbye to the King of Pop at a public memorial service to be held at L.A.'s Staples Center on Tuesday.
Tickets will be available to the general public and will be free of charge.
Fans from around the world are expected to fly to Los Angeles to say farewell to Jackson, who died at 50 after suffering cardiac arrest on June 25.
Jackson's final rehearsal took place at Staples, where he was prepping for his London tour, sponsored by AEG Live (which owns Staples Center).
Preliminary details of the funeral service are as follows:
- The main event will be at the Staples Center and will be simulcast at the adjacent Nokia Theatre in the same complex throughout.
- There is a lottery set up to obtain tickets. You can sign up on the Staples Center website, if it's not crashed by the time you do.
- 17,500 tickets are available for the event - 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia - a maximum of two per person is allowed.
- If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will be given further instructions Sunday. Sounds Mission: Impossible-like.
- Only U.S. citizens can apply for tickets to Jackson's funeral.
- Still unclear is whether Jackson's body will be there.
The late Michael Jackson (1958-2009).