The embattled, Ed Hardy-wearing Jon Gosselin returned to the United States after a weekend trip to France - sans his new girlfriend Hailey Glassman.
Although the two were nearly inseparable in St. Tropez and Cannes, Hailey Glassman was nowhere to be found as Jon arrived at JFK airport Tuesday evening and walked through baggage claim and the currency exchange solo.
Confronted by a TMZ cameraman as he smoked a cig outside, a remarkably calm and patient Jon Gosselin answered a number of impromptu questions:
- On whether he is launching a children's clothing line with Ed Hardy designer Christian Audiger: "Maybe. I didn't sign anything yet."
- On future episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 there are: "I think there are 34 left to film." On whether he will be in them: "Umm, yeah."
- On where Hailey Glassman went: [silent, shrugs shoulders]
- On how Kate Gosselin is taking all of this, with him being out with all these girlfriends and whatnot: "I guess you'd have to ask Kate."
- On whether his new girlfriend a negative impact on his kids: "I'm not allowed to discuss it, I don't want to get in trouble with TLC."
It turns out Hailey Glassman "stayed in France" because Jon "had to come home to work." Doing what, he didn't say. Mow the lawn? Model Bluetooth headsets? Get paid to spend time with his eight kids in their Crooked Houses? We may never know.