Happy weekend, celebrity news and gossip fans. Below, The Hollywood Gossip staff reflects on both an eventful and tragic week in the celebrity world.
All of this crazy stuff and more happened ...
- Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest at age 50. The cause of death remains unknown but rumors say a Demerol overdose may have contributed. Also unclear? Whether ex-wife Debbie Rowe will take custody of his kids.
- To the surprise of no one, Jon and Kate Gosselin officially separated after 10 years of marriage and two months of non-stop tabloid attention. Mistress Deanna Hummel may join the show when it returns from its hiatus.
- A fight with the Black Eyed Peas left Perez Hilton assaulted, as you can see on this video and this photo. Polo Molina, the Peas' manager, was arrested. Perez eventually apologized for using a gay slur to rile up the Peas.
The iconic Michael Jackson (1958-2009).
- Actress Farrah Fawcett passed away at 62 after a well-publicized battle with cancer, while showbiz legend Ed McMahon also died this week at age 86.
- South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford went AWOL, lied about hiking on the Appalachian Trail, then admitted an affair with Maria Belen Shapur.
- Danielle Staub sued Steve Zalewski to block the release of her sex tape.
- Terrell Owens finally met his match (Joanna Krupa) and shuts his yap.
- Stephen Moyer called out Robert Pattinson as the Slim-Fast of vampires.
- Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart sizzle on a redesigned New Moon cover!