And then there were eight.
Following the unsurprising ousting of Megan Joy from American Idol last week, the competition heads into tonight's performance show with a lot on the line.
How do our Power Rankinks reflect the status of various contestants? Let's find out...
5. Lil Rounds: This is your last chance, Lil! Drop the outdated looks, abandon the ballads and let loose! We all know you have the vocal chops, but your performances have grown more stale with each passing week.
4. Matt Giraud: Simon Cowell gave his best advice of the season to Giraud last week: you're talented, stop trying to emulate other artists. We didn't appreciate this crooner's attempt to replicate a hit from The Fray a week ago. We hope to see something more original tonight.
3. Kris Allen: Holding steady. Last week's wonderfully arranged "Ain't No Sunshine" was his best routine of the season. Continues to prove that he's more than a pretty face.
2. Danny Gokey: We go back and forth on Gokey each week. Following his most recent performance of "What Hurts the Most," though, we're back to being Gokeheads!
1. Adam Lambert: It's official. He's our favorite American Idol contestant of all-time.
Which of these finalists is your favorite? Click on each photo to enlarge it.