It's been four weeks since Jason Mesnick dumped Melissa Rycroft for Molly Malaney on The Bachelor's "After the Final Rose" special. It was a stunning TV event, but all parties have moved on and seem to be happy with where they are in life.
That hasn't stopped Jason's Bachelor predecessor, Matt Grant, from sharing his unsolicited, boring two cents on the season finale almost a month later.
Specifically, Mesnick's move of going off-script and unceremoniously breaking up with Rycroft and romancing runner-up Molly was not smart, Grant says.
“This guy kind of committed suicide,” Matt Grant opined at The 23rd Genesis Awards in Beverly Hills on Saturday night. “He’s a nice man. I’ve met him quite a few times. But I think he should have gone about it differently.”
Seen here with interim fiancee Shayne Lamas, Matt Grant is critical of Jason Mesnick for his Bachelor actions, but acknowledges that it took guts to follow his heart.
The world is still watching anxiously as Mesnick and Malaney continue their courtship while the jilted Rycroft struts her stuff on Dancing with the Stars, keeping an eye on everything as the three resume life away from The Bachelor cameras.
Matt Grant, however, does give Mesnick credit for facing up to his mistake early on. “Ultimately, he had the [guts] to say, ‘I screwed up.’”
The London native, who says he’s still dating his publicist Sarah Robarts - admits he was lucky in his role on The Bachelor: London Calling. “I had an easy ride. I had a great group of women; we all just got on fairly well.”
Grant proposed to that skank Shayne Lamas but their engagement ended in July of last year after she reportedly cheated on him numerous times.