Amid rumors that her fashion line failed and has been discontinued, Lauren Conrad has taken to her blog to clear up rumors about the line, which is currently "on hiatus," she says. The Hills star and fashion designer writes:
"A few days ago a statement was released to showrooms that carry my clothing line. It asked them to let stores know that I was planning on taking a couple seasons off from my line so that I could make some changes that I felt were necessary."
"As a result, a lot of people were under the impression that my line was being discontinued or had been dropped. This isn't the case at all."
"The truth is, I was the one who originally asked to take a couple of seasons off."
Lauren Conrad says she has "learned so much in the past year and I want to apply that to the improvement of my clothing line. I also wanted to make some changes in production so I would be able to lower the price point."
"That said, I am really excited about beginning this process."
She has been spending the last couple of weeks working on new designs for the spring, "which is when I am planning to bring the (new and improved) line back."
Before signing off, Conrad told fans she has some "very exciting things going on that will be announced shortly." Like The Hills premiering Monday, April 6? Holla!