What made David Letterman finally get hitched to girlfriend Regina Lasko after 23 years of dating? Maybe he just needed Top Ten list material for the week.
After regaling us with his funny wedding day story Monday, he presented a "Top 10 Reasons I Got Married" list on last night's show. You knew it was coming:
He calls it mediocre, but any list that bashes himself, Dr. Phil, Larry King and Paris Hilton is a winner in our book. The Top Ten transcribed for good measure ...
10. Poconos offers newlyweds free room with champagne-glass Jacuzzi.
9. If I'm gonna catch Larry King, I'd better get going.
8. Still drunk from St. Patty's, dude!
7. She needed a green card.
6. When you're my age and look like I do, if someone says they'll marry you, you do it.
5. Don't have to listen to any more crap from that quack Dr. Phil.
4. I finally fit into my dream dress!
3. Free cake.
2. Got tired of waiting for Paris Hilton.
1. Figured at the least we'd get a mediocre Top Ten out of it.