American Idol finally heads to Hollywood next week, as the initial series of mostly crappy auditions are left behind.
We're already looking beyond the next round, however.
According to blogger "JoesPlace," who successfully named a majority of finalists last year prior to their official announcement, the following contestants will be included in season eight's top 36:
- Adam Lambert: Sung "Bohemian Rhapsody" as part of San Francisco auditions. Recently completed starring turn in stage production of Wicked.
- Felicia Barton: Made brief appearance during Louisville auditions. Hails from Virginia Beach, Virgina. Her music videos and photos have been removed from MySpace, a typical sign of advancement on the show.
- Lil Rounds: Auditioned in St. Louis and received the most raucous praise so far of any contestant. Personal story includes a home lost in a tornado. Randy Jackson compared her to Mary J. Blige.
- Kendall Beard: Is yet to appear on a televised audition (rumored to be featured tonight). Graduated from University of Texas. Very pretty.
We're actually gonna add a name to this list ourselves, courtesy of last night's auditions in Salt Lake City:
- Taylor Vaifanua: Won over all four judges with rendition of "Joyful, Joyful." Sign that she's headed for the final 36? Her official website and all pictures on MySpace have been removed.