John Edwards admitting his affair with Rielle Hunter on ABC's Nightline last Friday confirmed the National Enquirer's nearly year-long investigation of his unethical conduct - which Edwards still says is "99 percent" false.
Well, now the Enquirer has uncovered more information that suggests its reporting is anything but - and Edwards' story is shaky at best.
"John Edwards is still lying!" a close source to the former candidate said. "He lied to his wife, to Rielle, and through his TV interview!"
Videographer Rielle Hunter was paid big bucks - over $100,000 - to film just four short web videos of then-candidate John Edwards in 2006.
Other potential John Edwards-Rielle Hunter revelations today:
- It appears Edwards secretly visited Rielle Hunter and their alleged love child three separate times at the Beverly Hilton hotel in L.A. this year - two more than he claims. He was caught red-handed July 21.
- Edwards did confess the affair to his wife, as he claimed on TV, in 2006. But he then restarted it, and depending on who you believe, was still sexually involved with Rielle when she became pregnant.
- Despite Edwards' heartfelt offers to take a paternity test (which Rielle Hunter conveniently said she's not going to allow), he has apparently refused several offers to submit his DNA to one in the past.
- Despite his denials, Edwards was very much aware that his former finance committee chairman, Fred Baron, was funneling money to Rielle.
- Moreover, Edwards operatives are still paying off Rielle Hunter, who was whisked away on a private jet two days before he confessed!
- Federal investigators are considering launching an investigation into John Edwards' use of campaign funds.
Amazing stuff. Stay tuned, we have a hunch this isn't over yet.