Who's on the rise, who's stock is falling faster than a subprime mortgage lender's and who (cough, Kristy Lee Cook) will defy the odds and simply not go away?
It's time, once again, for our American Idol Power Poll!
Feel free to write in and voice your thoughts on our rankings. We welcome all comments as we're just fans like you. Here's how we see it right now ...
1. David Archuleta: Back on top of the poll after a solid rendition of "The Long and Winding Road." Most American Idol hopefuls suffered through the latest Beatles Week, but David Archuleta thrived a week after his toughest outing.
2. David Cook: Dark horse rocker may no longer be a dark horse - he's rising too high in opinion polls! He has a serious shot at capturing the title, we think.
David Archuleta (#1 in our poll) and Carly Smithson (#4) are in the hunt.
3. Brooke White: She was a bit uncomfortable away from the piano, but still the best of the ladies in the hunt to become the next American Idol so far.
4. Carly Smithson. Despite the controversy surrounding her background, Carly Smithson has been solid so far - one of the few consistent performers among the entire bunch, in fact - and we expect her to make the top five at least.
5. Michael Johns. Tough week last week, and that's putting it mildly. Still, we like his chances and expect a rebound from Johns tomorrow night.
On the bubble: Jason Castro, Ramiele Malubay, Syesha Mercado
On the block: Kristy Lee Cook, Chikezie