Who will be the next Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks... or Antonella Barba?
We don't know yet - but we do now know the detailed American Idol schedule for the upcoming season:
- The show kicks off with two-night, four-hour event on Tuesday, January 15, and Wednesday, January 16.
- Early audition episodes will be the focus of the four-hour premiere and these will continue through hour-long episodes that will air on January 22, 23, 29, and 30; February 5 and 6.
- Can't stand the awful singers? Tune in on Tuesday, February 12 when the Hollywood rounds begin. These premiere kick off with a two-hour episode, followed by a one-hour episode the following night that reveals the Top 24.
- The Top 12 males and the Top 12 females will perform in two-hour episodes airing on Tuesday, February 19 and Wednesday, February 20. Viewer voting begins on these nights.
- The male performers will then lay claim to Tuesdays, with the Top 10 singing during a 90-minute episode February 26, followed by the Top 8 on March 4.
- Wednesdays will be ladies' night, with the Top 10 competing on February 27, and the Top 8 on March 5. Eliminations will take place on Thursdays at 8 p.m., culminating in the reveal of the Top 12 on March 6.
- The performances of the overall Top 12 will take place on Tuesday, March 11, with a two-hour episode. The first single elimination of the season will take place the following night.